Choose an Experienced Drug Crime Lawyer for Your Case
Possession of marijuana is still a crime in California. Like other drug crimes, its penalties on conviction are serious. Because illegal drugs are such a strong subject both in the political arena and with the general public, it is very likely that prosecution will be vigorously pursued against you. If you have been charged with possession of marijuana, you need a strong drug crime lawyer on your side who can protect your rights.
At The Law Offices of Top Criminal Defense Law Firms, APLC, our skilled San Diego criminal defense attorney has extensive experience in helping clients fight drug charges of all kinds. With dozens of successful drug trials to our credit, we are glad to provide this experience and commitment to new clients in need of our services.
Sentencing for Marijuana Possession in San Diego, CA
There are a number of potential ramifications which can exist with drug charges including marijuana possession. The severity of penalties can be greatly influenced by such things as:
- Whether it is a first offense or a repeat offense. The more repeat offenses, the more enhanced the penalties can be.
- What quantity of drugs are involved in the circumstances. Larger quantities can bring about much heavier penalties.
- Whether any weapons were involved.
- If a minor or child was involved in any way.
- Whether any other type of crime was also committed or attempted, such as robbery, arson, burglary or other violent crime.
When you are facing charges such as marijuana possession, they can often be in conjunction with other charges. Depending on your circumstances, you can end up with very heavy penalties if the prosecution accomplishes its objectives. Any opportunities you have for achieving an outcome favorable to your rights and future will be with an aggressive and experienced attorney from our firm. Call us today!
Contact a San Diego marijuana possession attorney if you have been arrested or are facing charges for possession of marijuana or other drugs.